Friday 4 April 2014

Portfolio Boards

 This board is apart of my project in Level 4 where we were given a selection of words to choose from and I chose Surrealism because I've always been interested in symbolism and conceptual Art and felt it was a great idea translating that into something 3D. In this project I decided to run with a dreams and self conscious route. This board shows a few jewellery samples I played with, using different techniques. Flattening wire worked from automatic drawings I created before bed, hand written words using small dome punches, wrapping wire, using contrasting materials and machine embroidery.
 This board shows a few of my Textiles samples from the same project where I developed symbols in my dreams using acetate, a black pen and hand embroidery.
 This is one of my textiles final pieces which was a transfer I illustrated combining different aspects of my work self consciously arranging it then later applying it to a soft shiny satin which reminded me of a dream work and embroidering then adding copper wire forms coming out of the piece.
This board shows my Jewellery Final piece which was a round fancinator created using copper, I used wire to create aspects of my automatic drawing and words that reflected a mood within my dreams. I used a lions eyes that would hover over our own once it was worn which was a symbol within my dreams. 
This board is one of my first projects from Level 4, where were were given a shape to create our final pieces out of. I was given a triangle and this was my design process board for jewellery. This project was very useful as we explored techniques and it sparked my love for jewellery.

This board represents a group project we were assigned in Level 5 Professional Studies. It was a group project where we were placed into business groups teamed up with Young Enterprise, a company with start-up programmed to help start businesses. 


 Here is some design development from my first project of Level 5 FdA Applied Arts.
This project was based around perspective and developed from my own imagery where I experimented with using metal and distressed plastic to create a fog and different points of view.








No comments:

Post a Comment