Saturday 23 February 2013

Dream-like world update

So on Tuesday we were encouraged to decorate our bays. We had a sneaky look at Textiles', their bays were a lot larger than ours but I do find I like to work in one spot and have grown to love the size and layout of my bay. I wanted to mix my inspiration up and try and create a space I go to for ideas, so this is what it currently looks like.
I really love this project and I'm trying to mix the Circus theme with my dreams, I want to create a TV-like box and create scenes, mixing objects or feelings with symbols and think about the meanings.
I have a few samples so far but I've been busy with doing Contextual work. I think this idea links in with Surrealism and the paintings I have in my research. 

Here I embroidered a Lion with a very colourful maine, the idea behind this came when I was looking into the old circus animals and I wanted to combine the clowns essence with the animals. This piece took a very long time, a few sittings but I was excited to see the turnout.

Here I thinned out copper and using pliers I manipulated it into a rose shape- this sample links in with a dream I had about elaborate makeup and the design on my face was huge roses with swirls but being late for work and thinking I couldn't go in like this so in the end I didn't go, ironically I was speaking a few days earlier about wanting to quit my job and not being able to wait until I can work in something I really love.I believe the meaning behind this was trying to standout and wanting to quit my  job because it doesn't satisfy my creative needs.

I will update with the ceramics pieces soon,  I glazed some mono prints earlier this week and can't wait to see how they turned out. It's the first time I  have mono-printed or glazed anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment