Thursday 28 February 2013

Lately..

So this week I saw my glazed tiles, considering this is the first time I had mono printed onto clay and glazed anything, I was pretty happy with the turnout, there were a few things I would have done differently but I'm glad I had quite a few samples to try out.

Here we used commercial (ready made) molds and porcelain slip, after the box had got leather hard I painted the outside with green slip. Next I mono printed a clown blowing into a trumpet and was quite happy with the turnout. After bisquing the box I glazed it with a gloss and put it in the kiln to be fired, I've actually re-fired my bottom of the box with platinum luster on the bottom, lets hope it works.


Yep, Thought I'd make my way to the scariest clown.

And here I also scratched away some words from my clay tiles, I filled some of the words with commercial stains mixed with water, I like the effect of them bleeding into the clay.



In Jewellery I also made a ring, I pre-made the embossed lace on the copper, but I wanted to make something out of the scraps, the lines reminded me of a lions maine or some kind of animals furr, so it was nicely fitting.

 I've also been experimenting with alot of layers in textiles so I wanted to express the same technique in metal, I tried wrapping very thin wire around a thicker piece to create a scribbily caterpillar shape, I really liked the effect and enjoyed making them but I thought they were very chunky so I decided to thin them down with first a mallet then a metal thinner. I find then quite interesting when I look close, may take these samples further.

 







7 comments:

  1. great post *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank you I will check it out!(: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these mono prints Liane, so life like and terrifying! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Catherine, I have them standing up in my bay now, so every time you pass by they'll be staring at you haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the Monoprints even if they did turn out blue...Catherine ;)...

    Really like the ring and wire twists too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jenni and yea, happy disaster! I can't wait until we're making our final pieces (: xx

    ReplyDelete